In this review, we will cut to the chase and go over what you really need to know:
- ZenBusiness’ true costs and pricing
- The turnaround time you can expect for LLC formations or incorporations
- Zenbusiness’ reliability, customer reviews, support, and much more
Plus, we’ll provide clear explanations of the many other relevant, formation-related services that ZenBusiness offers.
Below is a quick summary of our findings. Further down, you’ll find our more comprehensive review, which details our conclusions and also explains everything you need to know about ZenBusiness.
Is ZenBusiness the Right Choice for You?
|ZenBusiness 4.9/5||ZenBusiness Pros|
|Pricing ★★★★★||Excellent Pricing ($39)|
|Turnaround Time ★★★★★||Quick Turnaround Time|
|Help & Support ★★★★☆||Rated 4.7/5 on Trustpilot|
|Customer Satisfaction ★★★★★||Extended Support Hours|
|Ease of Use ★★★★★||Very Easy to Use|
|Overall Score:4.9/5 ★★★★★||ZenBusiness Cons:|
Limited Website Templates
ZenBusiness’ Starter plan provides entrepreneurs with everything we consider essential when forming an LLC or corporation. For only $39, ZenBusiness can handle the formation of your LLC or corporation and provide you with an Operating Agreement and a registered agent service.
Higher tiers add useful compliance and online services, while still remaining affordable.
ZenBusiness boasts quick turnaround times, excellent customer support, and great prices compared to its competitors.
We think ZenBusiness is one of the best choices for most business owners looking to form an LLC or a corporation and we rank them #1 in our LLC services comparison.
Visit ZenBusiness or continue reading our review to learn how we arrived at our ratings.
ZenBusiness Quick Overview
Zenbusiness is a venture-funded public benefit company based in Austin, Texas. The company was founded in 2015 by Ross Buhrdorf, who was previously the Chief Technology Officer at HomeAway.
The company’s mission is to help everyday Americans fulfill their dreams of becoming entrepreneurs. ZenBusiness offers affordable LLC formations and incorporation plus several other services necessary for a successful startup launch.
In November 2021, ZenBusiness announced they had raised $200 million at a $1.7 billion valuation, becoming one of Austin’s latest unicorns. According to Reuters, Billionaire investor Mark Cuban will be joining the company as an advocate and spokesperson.
According to their About Us, new business owners working with ZenBusiness will enjoy:
Worry-free services, world-class support, and an all-inclusive platform that provides everything they need to be successful throughout their business lifecycle.www.ZenBusiness.com
ZenBusiness states that their core values are:
- Transparency: Operating with honesty and integrity, and with zero hidden charges.
- Protection: Helping you remain in good standing with the government.
- Paying it forward: In 2020, the company has awarded over $100,000 in small business grants.
ZenBusiness offers a comprehensive set of services to those looking to start a business. Their offering includes:
- Business entity formation services: Available in all states. Includes verifying the availability of your chosen business name and handling any additional formalities (such as publication requirements in New York).
- Registered agent services: All businesses are required by law to have a registered agent. ZenBusiness can help you fulfill this requirement by acting as your registered agent.
- Compliance services: ZenBusiness can help ensure your company maintains its good standing with the government by taking care of your annual reporting obligations.
- Help with required IRS paperwork: ZenBusiness can obtain a tax number from the IRS for your business.
- Setting up a website for your business: ZenBusiness can register a domain with your business name and set up a basic website for your LLC or corporation.
- Providing commonly-used legal documents: ZenBusiness can provide you with templates for important legal documents, such as an Operating Agreement, corporate bylaws, or a banking resolution.
As an LLC formation service, ZenBusiness can help you deal with the formalities of establishing a business in a time and cost-efficient manner. However, they are not an accounting or law firm and cannot give legal or tax advice or represent you in any such matters.
We have listed ZenBusiness’ most important formation plans in the table below:
|Starter ($39)||Pro ($149/yr)||Premium ($249/yr)|
|Basic LLC Filing||Included||Included||Included|
|Registered Agent Service||Included||Included||Included|
|Worry-Free Compliance||$119 per year||Included||Included|
|Business Website||$100 per year||$100 per year||Included|
|Domain Name registration||$25 per year||$25 per year||Included|
ZenBusiness offers three different formation plans – the Starter plan, the Pro plan, and the Premium plan. All three include the essentials:
- Business Formation service (preparation and filing of Articles of Organization)
- Operating Agreement (for LLCs) or Corporate Bylaws (for corporations)
- Registered agent services
The Pro and the Premium plan include several additional services on top of the basic LLC filing.
The Pro plan includes expedited filing, obtaining an Employer Identification Number from the IRS, and their worry-free compliance service
The Premium plan includes an even faster turnaround time and basic web services for your company.
Registered agent services are included in all of ZenBusiness’ plans. They can also be purchased separately if you already have an LLC or corporation.
ZenBusiness’ stand-alone registered agent offer is priced at $99 per year or $149 if you would like to also include compliance services.
Below, in our pricing review section, we go over the details and costs of each individual service. Many individual services can be added to whatever plan you’re looking to go with.
Unlike many other competitors, ZenBusiness’ formation plans use a subscription pricing model. However, it is possible to cancel your subscription after your business is formed without any penalties or other fees.
ZenBusiness Starter Plan: $39 + State Fees
ZenBusiness’ bare-bones starter plan serves your basic formation needs. We recommend this plan if you simply want to have your LLC formed as cheaply as possible and can handle compliance on your own.
The main features of this plan are:
- Basic Business Filing Service: Filing articles of organization with the Secretary of State. Includes unlimited name searches for your desired business name. By default, this package does not include expedited filing, which can be added separately.
- Operating Agreement Template: The single most important document for your LLC. It protects all your personal assets from potential lawsuits and establishes your LLC’s nature, operation, and rules.
- Registered Agent Service: By law, all LLCs and corporations must appoint a registered agent as soon as they are created. The registered agent’s job is to receive certain important legal documents on behalf of the business.
You can track the progress of your order through ZenBusiness’ online dashboard and obtain electronic copies of your finalized formation documents as soon as they are available.
The starter plan also includes a few minor services, which you may find useful:
- A free accounting consultation: ZenBusiness will perform a quick assessment of your company’s accounting requirements and recommend further steps based on your individual needs.
- Annual report service: Like many other formation service providers, ZenBusiness can help you meet your state’s annual reporting requirements by alerting you to the relevant filing deadlines or filing the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
- Google Ads credits worth $150: Useful for entrepreneurs who already intend to use Google Ads. ZenBusiness will provide you with a promotional code. Once applied to an eligible Ads account, Google will match your advertising expenses up to a total value of $150.
By default, the Starter plan does not include any form of order expediting. Normal turnaround times can vary wildly depending on the state where your LLC is formed – from only a few days to several weeks.
You can find out more by heading to their website and choosing the state you plan to form your LLC in.
By default, ZenBusiness’ Starter plan renews automatically at $119/year with their annual report filing service. If you are not interested in such services, be sure to cancel, before your plan renews.
ZenBusiness Pro Plan: $149 + State Fees
We recommend the Pro plan to the majority of new business owners.
It’s their most popular plan and includes several additional features on top of their Starter plan. Mainly, expedited formation and compliance services.
With ZenBusiness Pro, you get everything that comes with the standard plan, plus:
- Expedited Filing Service: This allows you to skip the line for faster processing. The exact amount of time varies depending on your state but is generally between four days at the low end and two weeks at the high end.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): Your business’s federal tax ID, issued by the IRS. Think of it as a social security number for your business. Necessary for opening a business bank account, hiring employees, and filing tax returns.
- Worry-Free Compliance: ZenBusiness will handle all necessary ongoing compliance filings with your state and make sure that your business maintains its good standing. The service includes up to two amendments per year.
ZenBusiness will also provide you with a Banking Resolution template, which you will need to open a business bank account for your new LLC.
This plan renews at $149/year, which covers your LLC’s annual filings and compliance monitoring service.
ZenBusiness Premium Plan: $249 + State Fees
The Premium plan offers the fastest possible formation turnaround and includes several basic web-related services. The Premium plan is a good option for those who want their LLC formed as soon as possible and need a basic website
If your business involves e-commerce or requires a more customizable website, we recommend looking into dedicated website builders such as Wix or Shopify.
With ZenBusiness Premium, you get everything included with Pro, plus:
- Rush Filing Service: With rush filing, you will benefit from the fastest possible turnaround times. As always, the exact time frame depends on your state – usually just a few days. In some states, Premium plan customers can receive a filing response in as little as one day.
- Business Domain Name: ZenBusiness can secure a domain name with your chosen LLC name if it is available.
- Business Website: Using your business information and domain name, ZenBusiness can quickly create a basic, customizable website for you.
- Business Email Address: ZenBusiness will set up a business email account using your business’s domain name. You will have access to 5GB of storage for your professional correspondence.
Most business owners can safely ignore this upsell and tackle website creation later on. We generally recommend using other services when building your website.
This plan renews at $249/year, which covers everything in Pro + all your website services.
ZenBusiness vs. Competitors
Below, you’ll find our table that compares ZenBusiness’ formation prices with those of its main competitors.
The prices quoted in this table are independent of ZenBusiness’ package prices. They are standardized for comparison with competitors.
We define Basic Formation, Full Formation, and Full Formation + Website below the table.
|Service||Basic Formation||Full Formation||Full Formation + Website|
|ZenBusiness||$39+ State Fees||$39+ State Fees||$249+ State Fees|
|Northwest Registered||$39+ State Fees||$225+ State Fees||–|
$0 + State Fee
|Starter Business Bundle ($399 + State Fee)||Tycoon Business Bundle ($799 + State Fee)|
$49 + State Fee
$149+ State Fees
$299+ State Fees
|CorpNet||Basic: $79 + State Fees||Deluxe: $199 + State Fees||Complete: $249 + State Fees|
Basic Formation: Covers the essential business entity creation. Includes – at a minimum – filing of Articles of Organization and the drafting of an Operating Agreement for an LLC or corporate bylaws for a corporation.
Full Formation: Additionally includes – at a minimum – a registered agent service, which most owners will find essential.
Full Formation + Website: In addition to full formation services, includes a website, domain, security certificate, and other services necessary to securing your company’s online presence.
Are you looking for a more in-depth comparison between ZenBusiness and some of their competitors? Check out these summaries, or read our full service comparisons in their respective articles.
We recommend ZenBusiness over other competitors
. Compared to ZenBusiness, LegalZoom performed worse in several categories.
Most importantly, LegalZoom’s formation costs are simply too high – the service is among the most expensive we have seen, yet it does not offer any significant added value compared to alternatives.
ZenBusiness offers a faster and more affordable service and boasts much higher levels of customer satisfaction.
ZenBusiness vs Incfile
ZenBusiness performs significantly better than Incfile across virtually all categories. While both companies offer easy-to-use online formations, ZenBusiness’ customer satisfaction is much higher than Incfile.
ZenBusiness also offers better turnaround times, more affordable pricing, and better customer service. Overall, we see little reason not to pick ZenBusiness over Incfile.
Check out our ZenBusiness vs. Incfile article for a full comparison.
Which plan is the best value for money?
All three of ZenBusiness’ formation service plans are priced competitively.
Unlike many competitors, ZenBusiness doesn’t pad their offering with unnecessary items to inflate their prices. You also have complete flexibility to add services from higher pricing tiers to lower ones.
We recommend the Starter plan if you are looking for a straightforward, no-nonsense online formation. The Starter plan includes the all three of the services we consider essential – basic LLC filing, registered agent services and an Operating Agreement.
We recommend the Pro plan for most businesses. This plan fulfills all essential administrative requirements so you can get going immediately.
Zenbusiness’ Premium plan may be a good fit if you only need a basic online presence.
If your business functions primarily online, however, we recommend you look into Shopify or Wix for specialized website building purposes.
ZenBusiness Additional Costs and Hidden Fees
There are no hidden fees with ZenBusiness’ services. You pay the amount you see at checkout – and nothing more.
Something to keep in mind is that ZenBusiness operates a subscription model. It would have been nice to have a separate option for one-off business formation orders. That said, ZenBusiness allows customers to cancel their automatic subscription renewal at any time.
Cancelling ZenBusiness services
In their cancellation policy, they state that you have the right to “discontinue some or all of your paid services at any time by contacting email@example.com.”
As we mentioned above, you can opt out of the annual subscription renewal at any time by sending a message to the ZenBusiness support team. In some cases, you may incur a $25 cancellation fee.
One significant difference applies to the cancellation of registered agent services. As with all other service providers, you will need to appoint a new registered agent before canceling ZenBusiness’ services if they are currently acting as your company’s registered agent.
Here’s what makes ZenBusiness stand out from competitors such as LegalZoom, IncFile, and RocketLawyer.
1. Great Pricing + $240 in Freebies
Starting a new LLC and business is never cheap, but overspending on the basics will definitely hurt. The last thing startups need is to waste money on administrative and legal necessities.
ZenBusiness provides everything your business needs with their Pro plan, and at some of the lowest prices on the market. Other competitors may advertise lower prices, but their packages are often incomplete and don’t include essential services.
- ZenBusiness: $39
- Competitors: $150-$350
- Lawyer: $300+
There’s not much more to it; ZenBusiness is the best deal on the market.
Low prices alone are not the only thing that makes ZenBusiness great value – it’s the bonus freebies that make them stand out from the competition.
Google Ads Credit: $150 Value
This is the perfect way to validate your business, find your customers online, and/or hone your acquisition costs. After formation, you will receive a coupon that will match every dollar you spend on Google ads, up to $150.
Free accounting assessment: $40 Value
ZenBusiness will help you determine your unique bookkeeping, accounting, and tax needs. You will receive helpful resources and advice to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey. Accounting assessments are never free, so this is a huge plus!
Virtual Business Guide: $50 value
The guide includes a basic checklist with everything you need to run your new business online. The recommendations for productivity, online communication, and marketing tools will save you hours of research time.
2. Quick Turnaround Times
Many customers report that their business entity’s formation took only a few business days, even during peak season!
Check out these customer reviews from Trustpilot:
To check out more recent reviews related to turnaround times, just go to ZenBusiness’ Trustpilot page and type in “days” in the search field. That’s how we found the reviews above.
Turnaround times are generally tough to predict. Factors including the state in which you’re filing, the time of year, and pure luck all impact how long it’ll take you to register your LLC. Please don’t consider these reviews bomb-proof guarantees.
3. A Seamless Experience for First Time Business Owners
Creating your first LLC is both exciting and a little bit overwhelming. ZenBusiness has made it all so much easier. They carefully guide you through the whole process, step-by-step. The entire formation process is done online and can be completed in just a few minutes – ZenBusiness handles the rest on their end.
After finalizing your order, ZenBusiness’ well-made dashboard will let you follow the progress of your LLC’s formation in real-time. You will receive notifications and updates throughout the entire formation process.
At no point will you feel confused about what’s going on, not know what to do, or be left to fend for yourself. We love that!
4. Professionals Through and Through
ZenBusiness has filed documents for thousands of LLCs, Corporations, DBAs, and business name registrations. They are the #1 specialized filing service in the US.
Many people – Lawyers, CPAs, and Advisors among them – offer LLC filing services (almost always at a much greater cost), but few besides ZenBusiness focus solely on LLC filings. In fact, many law firms quietly outsource LLC formations to specialist companies such as ZenBusiness. This is why we always recommend working with folks who specialize in just one area.
You will be hard-pressed to find professionals more specialized in business formation than the pros at ZenBusiness.
5. Great Customer Reviews
We read over a hundred ZenBusiness customer reviews on Trustpilot. The majority of LLC owners speak highly of them.
Check out some of their 8,700+ Trustpilot reviews for yourself.
ZenBusiness is one of the best-reviewed services among the competition. They hold an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 on major review portals such as Trustpilot. A large number of positive reviews is all the more impressive considering that ZenBusiness has only been in business since 2015.
The overwhelming majority of reviewers praise the service for its simplicity and rapid turnaround times. We also appreciate how they proactively contact customers who had less than perfect experiences to fix whatever their issue seems to be.
6. Extended Phone and Chat Customer Support Hours
Once you enter the business world, you realize that 24 hour + weekend services are practically nonexistent.
However, ZenBusiness provides extended customer support hours:
Monday to Friday 8 am – 8 pm central time + Sunday, 10 am – 7 pm central time.
Chat: You can chat online at zenbusiness.com during their extended support hours.
Phone: Call ZenBusiness at 1-844-493-6249 during their extended support hours.
Email: Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and expect a reply within one business day.
Extended customer support hours are especially convenient when you are processing your legal documents and need to contact the registered agent department. Only a very small number of ZenBusiness’ competitors offer similar support hours, so we consider this a strong plus.
7. They are a Public Benefit Company
Public Benefit Corporations merge the goals of traditional for-profit businesses with non-profit companies’ emphasis on doing social, economic, and/or environmental good. PBCs must include public good causes in their statement of purpose.
To help businesses get through 2020, ZenBusiness awarded over $100,000 in grants to small businesses. Their statement of purpose includes helping launch over one million businesses by 2025.
As passionate entrepreneurs ourselves, we support this mission!
ZenBusiness has it almost all figured out. But they’re not perfect.
Here are the areas where we think ZenBusiness can improve. We don’t think they will be of significant concern to most people.
1. Business Website functionality is limited
We always recommend choosing providers that are specialists in the services they provide.
As a business formation service, ZenBusiness is near perfect and ranks as our top recommendation. But as a website builder and domain provider, they cannot compete with more popular specialized online service providers.
If you are creating an online business, we strongly recommend checking out Shopify for e-commerce sites or Wix for any other service website. You will have access to proprietary and proven website builders, tools, and services.
We will say, ZenBusiness’ overall website cost (Website, Domain, Privacy, and Email) is only $110. This is very competitive compared to other popular website builders. If your website is not a major element of your business, ZenBusiness’ offer might still fit the bill.
2. Subscription messaging
One of the most frequently asked questions about ZenBusiness is: “Why does ZenBusiness need to bill me annually?”
They could probably do a better job of communicating which services are subscription-based and which only have one-time fees.
Let us clear up the confusion.
With their Starter plan, a yearly subscription covers:
- Annual filing services
First-year costs are discounted heavily with the Starter plan. These renew at $119. All other formation packages renew at their first-year price.
With their Pro plan, a yearly subscription additionally covers:
- Worry-Free Compliance
You can learn more about both of those in greater depth in our service section. Most people are very likely to benefit from both of these services.
With a Premium plan, a yearly subscription also covers:
- Website Hosting
- Domain Name (URL) Registration
- Domain Privacy
- Business Email
Something to keep in mind is that ZenBusiness doesn’t lock you into long-term contracts – if you no longer wish to use their services, you can cancel them at any time with no penalties.
Below we have listed all of the ZenBusiness services you may be interested in, along with some additional details.
We have provided individual service pricing information for your reference. Keep in mind that ZenBusiness discounts most services when you buy any of their packaged business formation plans.
Included with all plans.
Forming a new legal entity for a business is generally the first step one should take when taking on a new business venture. Having a separate business entity for your business confers several advantages and can protect you from liability.
The limited liability company is the most popular option for small to mid-sized businesses. LLCs have three important features that make them attractive to entrepreneurs:
- Limited Liability: Arguably the most important feature, an LLC’s limited liability means that your personal assets are not at risk in the event that your company is sued or goes bankrupt. The LLC insulates you from economic damage and allows you to take risks when engaging in business.
- Pass-through taxation: By default, LLCs don’t pay separate taxes. Instead, incomes and losses are filed on the personal tax returns of the LLC’s members. In essence, the IRS treats single-member LLCs as sole proprietorships and multi-member LLCs as partnerships.
- Administrative flexibility: Compared to corporations, LLCs have fewer legal requirements with regard to how they operate internally and have less stringent reporting obligations.
The formation of new LLCs is handled at the state level. It generally involves filing Articles of Organization (the exact name may vary in some states) with the Office of the Secretary of State and paying a small processing fee.
Business formation is the primary service ZenBusiness provides to future business owners. State websites tend to be poorly built, hard to use, and slow – if it is even possible to do the paperwork online.
ZenBusiness will save you the hassle of dealing with government bureaucracies and ensure everything is filed properly.
You will need to choose a business name for your future LLC. You can select your top choice during sign-up and ZenBusiness will run a business name search in order to verify that your LLC name is free. If it’s not, ZenBusiness will contact you before moving forward with your formation.
In order to avoid unnecessary delays when forming your business, we recommend that you check the availability of your chosen business name before placing an order. Most states let you search their business registers on their websites. You can also do a name search with the federal trademark register.
Once your order is finalized, ZenBusiness will send your documents to the Secretary of State on your behalf, completely free of charge. Every state, however, charges a fee for filing and processing your documents. This fee varies depending on the state – between $40 and $500.
ZenBusiness collects the state fees on your behalf and forwards them to the Secretary of State. There are no hidden fees for this service.
The amount of time it takes until you receive your final formation documents can differ significantly between states. If you need a quick LLC formation, you can pay an additional fee for expedited processing. ZenBusiness will display a turnaround time estimate before your order is finalized.
Operating Agreement Template
Included with Starter, Pro, and Premium. $35 otherwise.
The operating agreement is an essential document for your LLC. In simple terms, it’s a contract signed by all LLC members outlining the nature, structure, and operation of your business.
Without an operating agreement, your LLC may resemble a sole proprietorship and your limited liability as a member could be disputed. If someone files a lawsuit against your LLC, your own money, real estate, 401k, and other personal assets could be at risk.
Without an operating agreement, your LLC will function more like a sole proprietorship, defeating its entire purpose.
ZenBusiness can help address this risk by providing you with an operating agreement that thousands of LLCs use today.
Among other things, operating agreements formalize via contract:
- How ownership interest is divided between the LLC’s members
- What happens if one of the LLC’s members decides to exit the business or passes away
- Who runs the LLC – is it member-managed or manager-managed
- How major business decisions are taken
- How the LLC will be funded
- How profits should be distributed between members
LLCs created in California, Delaware, Maine, Missouri, and New York are legally required to have an operating agreement – you don’t need to file your operating agreement with the government, but you have to have one.
In other states, it is highly recommended – but not required – that new business owners sign an operating agreement.
Registered Agent Service
Included with all plans. $99/yr otherwise.
All states require LLCs and corporations to appoint and maintain a registered agent. Your company’s registered agent serves as your business’s official point of contact for certain types of vital legal correspondence – such as court summons. A registered agent is not a business mail address or virtual office, although some providers may offer these services in addition.
The Secretary of State, IRS, other government agencies, and law offices will always send official correspondence to your registered agent. The registered agent is obligated to receive these legal documents on behalf of your LLC or corporation.
Your registered agents must be available during regular business hours. Acting as your LLC’s registered agent yourself is possible, but discouraged. If you miss a legal notice because you were sick, on vacation, or otherwise out of your office, it’s your fault.
Appointing a professional registered agent also helps protect your privacy and personal information – the registered agent’s contact details are part of the public record and can be accessed by anyone.
Registered agents must also maintain a physical address in the state where your business operates. Should you wish to work in several states, a registered agent service is a must – you will need to have a registered agent in every state where your business is foreign qualified.
Many LLC formation companies, including ZenBusiness, offer a registered agent service. When you use this service you:
- Ensure your business remains compliant with state and federal agencies
- Receive all critical documents online, organized and ready to download
- Protect your storefront (if you have one) from embarrassing legal or tax notices
- Avoid the massive amount of spam mail all newly registered businesses deal receive
People often wonder how they can contact their registered agent after forming an LLC or corporation with ZenBusiness. ZenBusiness is your registered agent; you can contact them directly.
Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Included with Pro and Premium. $70 otherwise.
Your Employer Identification Number, also known as an EIN, is your LLC’s nine-digit federal tax ID. Think of it as your business’s social security number.
You need an EIN to open a business bank account, hire employees, and file your business’s tax returns. For more information about Employer ID numbers, check out this IRS webpage.
The majority of businesses in the US are legally required to get an EIN from the IRS. In particular, you must obtain an EIN if any of the following apply to your business:
- Your LLC will need to file excise tax returns
- Your LLC will have employees
- You have chosen for your LLC to be treated as an S-Corp
- Your LLC will have more than one member
ZenBusiness will prepare and digitally file your EIN with the IRS after your LLC is registered.
Note that if you are not a US resident and you don’t have a social security number, you will need to obtain an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) from the IRS before an EIN can be assigned to your business.
Banking Resolution Template
Included with Pro and Premium. $30 otherwise.
The banking resolution is a document that determines who has the authority to open a bank account and sign banking documents within an LLC or corporation.
Many banks require you to present this document when opening a business bank account.
ZenBusiness will save you time and legal fees by providing a template with their Pro and Premium plans.
Business Document Templates Library
You can purchase access to a growing library of 25+ business documents, including:
Contractor and Service-Related
- Individual liability waiver
- Company liability waiver
- Waiver – release of liability
- Waiver – release of liability (minor)
- Website maintenance agreement
- Freelancer agreement
- Service agreement
- Marketing agreement
- Consulting agreement
- Graphic design agreement
Business and Intellectual Property
- Non-compete agreement
- Confidentiality agreement
- Employment offer letter
- Employment termination
- Employment agreement
- Employee compensation agreement
- Non-compete agreement
- Confidentiality agreement
- Loan agreement
- Purchase order agreement
- Employment agreement
- Termination of agreement and release
- Breach of contract notice
- Partnership dissolution agreement
- Amendment to agreement
- Letter of intent (transaction)
- Purchase agreement
- Business purchase agreement
- Joint venture agreement
Your access includes unlimited uses, prints, and endless customizability.
Free Accounting Assessment
Included with Starter, Pro, and Premium. Not sold separately.
Every business has unique accounting needs. ZenBusiness will assess your new startup’s bookkeeping obligation regarding:
- Tracking and paying invoices
- Managing your books
- Filing Taxes and more
ZenBusiness’ accounting assessment is available through their online dashboard after your LLC is formed.
As a new business owner, this service will buy you time to focus on what’s truly important to growing your business. Plus you’ll save on at least an hour’s worth of accounting consultation fees.
Expedited and Rush Filing
Standard: Usually up to three weeks, Free
Expedite: Usually up to 10 days, $50
Rush: Usually 1-6 days, $100
ZenBusiness operates on a first-come, first-served basis. Paying for expedited or rush filing lets you skip the line. This can come in handy during busy times of the year (e.g., tax season).
Unless you need to guarantee the quickest possible filing, we don’t recommend upgrading. ZenBusiness is generally efficient enough, usually filing documents within a couple of days anyway.
Included with Pro and Premium. $119 per year otherwise.
Most US states require you to submit an annual report with potentially severe penalties for missed deadlines. For a fee, ZenBusiness will perform an audit and file all necessary documents on your behalf. You also get two free amendment filings per year.
They will also watch your status with the state and notify you when you need to take action.
If you miss these deadlines still, you will receive help free of charge. You will receive a detailed action plan to fix the issue. They will also cover any penalty fees should your business lose its good standing due to negligence from ZenBusiness.
The worry-free guarantee helps you focus on your business without having to keep an eye out for deadlines, changes in legal requirements, or other regulations.
Website, Domain and Branded Email
Included with Premium. $125 per year otherwise.
Most businesses can’t go without a website these days. Whether it’s being used to sell products or services, offer up contact information, create a platform for communication, or simply boost credibility, having a website can be invaluable.
ZenBusiness can help you register a domain name (URL), protect your sensitive data, and create a basic website for your business. You will also receive an email address that’s branded with your domain name – e.g., name@YourDomainName.com.
You will be able to choose from their six business site templates, which you can then customize to fit your needs.
ZenBusiness Add-ons and Offers
In addition to the services we have already gone over, ZenBusiness can help you out with many of the tasks that become immediately necessary after your LLC is formed.
Here are some offers you can take advantage off:
Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) insurance quote
In partnership with Commercial Insurance Center, you can receive a free quote for an insurance bundle, which will include general liability insurance and commercial property insurance.
Small Business online banking account
$110 per year.
In partnership with Radius Bank, you can apply for a discounted bank account that includes:
- Unlimited Transactions
- Online Banking
- Debit card and more
Do We Recommend ZenBusiness?
Yes, we do.
ZenBusiness will provide you with hassle-free LLC formation and incorporation at a very reasonable price – and it offers quick turnaround times to boot.
The formation process takes place entirely online. It’s quick and easy from start to finish and provides you with everything we consider essential. ZenBusiness’ CPAs will assess your accounting needs, and you will have access to a library of business documents immediately.
After formation, ZenBusiness helps you remain compliant and in good standing with the government. They will answer any questions you may have, free of charge, six days a week.
Having filed and formed thousands of LLCs since 2015, we believe that ZenBusiness will continue to improve on its already fantastic track record for years to come.
For a more general look at the LLC formation service landscape, check out our Best LLC Services and Best Incorporation Services articles. If you’re interested in seeing how ZenBusiness stacks up against specific competitors, check out our comparison articles.
Have you used ZenBusiness before? Please consider leaving a review below — good or bad — as long it’s helpful to our visitors. Thank you!
Are ZenBusiness a good choice?
- We rank ZenBusiness as our #1 LLC formation service. They provide everything you’ll need to create your LLC – and at the lowest price you’ll find anywhere.
What does ZenBusiness do?
- ZenBusiness is an LLC and Corporation formation service. They handle all the filing and administrative requirements for your LLC or Corporation, so you can focus on growing your business.
How much does ZenBusiness Cost for an LLC?
- LLC formation costs as little as $39. We recommend the $149 plan for most business owners. ZenBusiness undoubtedly offers the best prices in the LLC formation industry.
Which LLC package is the best for ZenBusiness?
- We recommend the ZenBusiness Pro plan to most founders. It covers almost everything you will need to kickstart your business immediately.
Why would I need ZenBusiness annually?
- ZenBusiness charges an annual fee for their registered agent service. Companies are required by law to appoint and maintain a registered agent in order to receive legal correspondence. You can always switch your registered agent to someone else.
Where is Zenbusiness located?
- Zenbusiness offices are located at 5900 Balcones Dr Suite #5000, Austin, Texas.
How long does EIN take with ZenBusiness?
- ZenBusiness will request your EIN from the IRS as soon as your business entity is successfully registered. Most people receive their EIN within hours after registering.
How do I contact my ZenBusiness registered agent?
- ZenBusiness is the registered agent. Call them at 1-844-493-6249 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
Do ZenBusiness have a refund policy?
- ZenBusiness offers a refund, minus expenses. If you made an error, contact them immediately, as state fees are not refundable if they have already been forwarded.
Does ZenBusiness have good customer support?
- Yes, ZenBusiness has excellent customer support. They are one of the few services offering extended support hours on top of live chat, phone and email support.
What is included ZenBusiness Worry-Free Guarantee?
- ZenBusiness’ Worry-Free Guarantee covers your annual report and up to two amendments. They will handle your filings so you won’t have to worry about compliance deadlines or making errors.
Are customers required to use business formation services?
- No, you are not required to use a formation service. ZenBusiness offer all their services with standalone pricing. You can pick and chose to create the best service package for your business.
Does ZenBusiness Offer Good Value?
- ZenBusiness offers the best value. Their formation service packages are some of the best on the market, starting from as little as $39 + state fees.
Are ZenBusiness Reviews from Customers Any Good?
- ZenBusiness average 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot. They have excellent and consistent reviews on all review sites. Customers praise their filing turnaround time, excellent prices and helpful customer support.
What is the difference between ZenBusiness and other business formation companies?
- ZenBusiness provides more, for less. Prices start at $39 + state fees for LLC formation, which are some of the best on the market. Turnaround times for formation/incorporation are very quick and their customer support is excellent.
Are there any alternatives to ZenBusiness?
- Yes, alternatives exist. We recommend Northwest Registered Agent and Incfile as alternative LLC formation services to ZenBusiness.
Is ZenBusiness Legit?
- Yes, Zenbusiness is legit. The company was founded in 2015 and has since created hundreds of thousands of LLC’s, corporations and non-profits.